SITECH WA Pty Ltd
ABN: 58 139 286 454
- Your rights in relation to privacy
SmartTech Australia recognises and respects the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information. This statement sets out how SmartTech Australia aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by SmartTech Australia and the way SmartTech Australia collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
In handling your personal information, SmartTech Australia will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles and where relevant, the Credit Reporting Code. This policy statement may be updated from time to time.
- What kinds of personal information does SmartTech Australia collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of SmartTech Australia’s products and services, SmartTech Australia may collect your personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information SmartTech Australia collects are:
- contact and identification information such as your name, company name, business street and postal address, business telephone and facsimile number, business email address or other personal contact details;
- professional information including your job responsibilities;
- consumer credit information (provided the collection is expressly consented to and for a purpose related to an application for commercial credit), being credit-related personal information lawfully created and accessible within the Australian credit reporting system including:
- identification information;
- consumer credit liability information including information about credit accounts and credit limits;
- repayment history information;
- information about credit defaults;
- credit eligibility information, which is information about you that SmartTech Australia obtains from a credit reporting body such as VEDA Advantage or Dunn & Bradstreet together with information SmartTech Australia derives from such information based on its own analysis; and
- any other information lawfully obtainable within the Australian credit reporting system.
If your personal information is collected using a collection notice that references this Privacy Statement, you are taken to consent to the disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients as detailed above. You also acknowledge and understand that by providing such consent that SmartTech Australia will not be required to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure such overseas recipients comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
In connection with your personal information, SmartTech Australia may also collect information about your payment and shipping preferences for purchases and any special interests in products or industries.
In some circumstances SmartTech Australia may also hold other personal information provided by you.
- How does SmartTech Australia collect personal information?
Generally, SmartTech Australia collects your personal information directly from you, through:
- registering with SmartTech Australia on its website;
- completing order entry purchases;
- completion of online or hard-copy application forms including but not limited to
- credit application forms with SmartTech Australia;
- job application forms;
- a ‘Request a Quote’ form, quotes, invoices; and
- any forms for creating an account; or
- other exchanges with SmartTech Australia, including through face-to-face meetings or via email, telephone or facsimile.
There may be occasions when SmartTech Australia collects your personal information from other sources such as from an information services provider, credit reporting agency or a publicly maintained record. Generally, SmartTech Australia will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
- Why does SmartTech Australia need your personal information?
SmartTech Australia collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- selling, hiring, buying, servicing and performing warranty;
- providing equipment management services;
- providing services in relation to the financing and resale of equipment;
- evaluating applications for, and providing, commercial credit in relation to equipment, parts and services;
- internal research on SmartTech Australia’s website users’ demographics, interests and behaviours to better understand and serve SmartTech Australia’s customers;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- identifying and informing you of products and services that may be of interest to you from SmartTech Australia or selected third parties; and
- any other legal requirements.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, SmartTech Australia takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to SmartTech Australia. However, without certain information from you, SmartTech Australia may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you.
- To whom does SmartTech Australia disclose your personal information?
SmartTech Australia discloses your personal information for the purpose for which SmartTech Australia collects it. That is, generally, SmartTech Australia will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 4. This may include disclosing your personal information to affiliates and related parties, SmartTech Australia’s subcontractors and third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services for the purposes of:
- processing customer orders and delivering and supplying products and services;
- data processing and market research services;
- marketing SmartTech Australia’s products and services;
- regulatory and compliance purposes;
- updating of credit information to credit reporting agencies;
- resale and valuation services; or
- underwriting, assessing and administering insurance risk and claims.
This disclosure is always on a confidential basis. SmartTech Australia may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- Overseas disclosures
SmartTech Australia may disclose personal information to overseas recipients in order to provide its services and products and for administrative or other business management purposes. Recipients of such disclosures are located in the United States of America.
Before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, SmartTech Australia takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the Australian Privacy Principles, or the overseas recipient is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme and there are mechanisms that you can access to take action to enforce that scheme, unless you consent to the overseas disclosure or it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Direct marketing
SmartTech Australia may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services of SmartTech Australia that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting SmartTech Australia via the contact details set out in paragraph 12 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
- Security of your personal information
SmartTech Australia takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. SmartTech Australia holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
SmartTech Australia uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, when collecting or transferring certain personal information such as financial information, which is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone other than SmartTech Australia. SSL encryption functionality is evidenced by either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) being visible at the bottom of your browser window.
SmartTech Australia will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless SmartTech Australia is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
- Can you access and correct the personal information that SmartTech Australia holds about you?
SmartTech Australia takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by SmartTech Australia. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that SmartTech Australia holds about you, or you would like more information on SmartTech Australia’s approach to privacy, please contact SmartTech Australia via the contact details set out in paragraph 12 below. SmartTech Australia will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individual and that the privacy of others is protected;
- SmartTech Australia requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- SmartTech Australia may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to SmartTech Australia, for providing access in accordance with your request.
If SmartTech Australia refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, SmartTech Australia will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms available to you. SmartTech Australia will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of SmartTech Australia.
SmartTech Australia will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
- Online information – what kinds of non-personal information does SmartTech Australia collect and why?
How does SmartTech Australia collect information?
SmartTech Australia automatically receives some non-personal information when you visit SmartTech Australia’s website including:
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet;
- the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
- the browser software you use and your operating system;
- the date and time you access SmartTech Australia’s website;
- the geographic location from which you access SmartTech Australia’s website; and
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to SmartTech Australia’s website.
SmartTech Australia uses this information to monitor the usage of its website. All of the information SmartTech Australia automatically captures provides SmartTech Australia with the ability to enhance its customers’ search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about its user base and usage patterns.
- Does SmartTech Australia use electronic mechanisms such as “cookies”?
SmartTech Australia also capture metrics on the number of visitors to its sites for use in server capacity needs.
- How to contact SmartTech Australia
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications, please contact SmartTech Australia’s Privacy Compliance Officer at:
Privacy Compliance Officer
58 Robertson Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
t: 07 3216 0399
e: [email protected]
- Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to SmartTech Australia’s Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations to SmartTech Australia or affect the commercial arrangements between you and SmartTech Australia.
SmartTech Australia’s Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Federal Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.